Nijhon Tapasya

tnijhon
You can get anything in life if you dress for it.
About Me
A blogger and design student![Based in India] I like my money right where I can see it hanging in my closet. People stare at it; be it a blog or a design; I try making it worth their while. While my heart pumps the blood oozing my soul.



New Delhi’s Connaught Place is home to the fourth-most expensive office space in the world, ahead of such usual suspects as New York and Tokyo. 

The occupancy cost in Connaught Place is Rs.18000 per square foot according to an annual survey released by global real estate service firm Cushman & Wakefield. Renamed Rajiv Chowk after the former Indian prime minister who was assassinated in 1991, Delhi’s central business district houses many banks, media companies and insurance companies, which contribute to the demand for modern office space. (The Reuters Delhi bureau is here too)
Originally named after the Duke of Connaught, the third son of Queen Victoria, the district also enjoys easy access to the Delhi metro. It is also a social leveller, attracting people of all ages and backgrounds from business executives and foreign tourists to college students, middle-class families and drug addicts. They come here for shopping, eating out or just lazing around.
But what do people like me see when they exit the metro? Buildings are hidden behind rows of scaffolding. Bulldozers that invaded the district nearly a decade ago under the pretext of restoration work languish there now. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment